CRYSTAL, Minn. (AP) - Officials have identified the police officer who shot an armed man in Crystal last week as a veteran of the New Hope Police Department.
The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office says Officer Ben Harty is on standard paid leave. He's been on the force about nine years.
Officers from Crystal, New Hope and Robbinsdale responded to a report of a suicidal man last Friday evening. Shots were fired by both officers and 62-year-old Ronald Klitzka.
Minnesota Public Radio reports that the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office says Klitzka died of a gunshot wound to the head. No officers were hurt.
- Officer identified in deadly Minnesota shooting
- Officer identified in Maple Grove shooting
- Officers identified in fatal shooting of teenager
- Central Iowa police officer on leave after deadly shooting
- Sheriff's Office: Male found dead after shooting in SE Minnesota
- Authorities: 5 officers fired rifles in fatal Minnesota shooting
- Minnesota attorney general announces working group on officer involved shootings
- Arrests made in Minnesota shooting
- UPDATE: Victims identified in deadly Cedar Falls collision
- Investigation into deadly impostor drugs found in Minnesota