MANTORVILLE, Minn. - A Kasson Police officer is taken to the hospital Saturday morning.
According to the Dodge County Sheriff's Office they received a call around 6:00a.m. for a report of a man bleeding in a grassy area near a residential subdivision on 257th Avenue in rural Mantorville.
When deputies responded they discovered a Kasson Police Officer with what investigators believed to be self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
The officer was transported via Mayo One to St. Mary's in Rochester. The officer's condition is unknown at this time.
The case is open and under investigation by Dodge County and Kasson Police Investigators. More details are set to be released early next week.
- Officer found, believed to have self-inflicted gunshot wounds
- Man suffers accidental gunshot wound
- Male found dead on Olmsted County road had multiple gunshot wounds
- Authorities: Mower County shooting after domestic report was self-inflicted
- Iowa man who exchanged gunshots with officers gets 10 years
- Gunshots end football game in Des Moines
- UPDATE: One officer dead, six others wounded in South Carolina
- Iowa man wounded by police officer during traffic stop
- Gravely wounded southern Minnesota officer makes steps to recovery
- Resident hears 3 gunshots in SE Rochester, police investigating