WEST UNION, Iowa (AP) — A nursing assistant accused of sexually abusing patients at a northeast Iowa mental health facility has pleaded guilty.
Fayette County District Court records say 44-year-old Carolyn Wiedrich, of Sumner, entered the plea Monday to sexual exploitation by a counselor or therapist. She was given two to five years of probation and was ordered to register as a sex offender.
Wiedrich was one of five nursing assistants arrested earlier this year after an investigation of sexual assaults at Prairie View Residential Care Facility in Fayette. The facility provides services for adults with chronic mental illness.
- Nursing assistant in NE Iowa pleads guilty in patient sex abuse case
- Chatfield man pleads not guilty to NE Iowa sex abuse
- NE Iowa man facing sex abuse charge
- Northeast Iowa man pleads not guilty to child sex abuse
- NE Iowa woman pleads guilty in 4-year-old daughter's death
- Man pleads guilty in NE Iowa woman's cannon malfunction death
- Former NE Iowa hospital chief executive pleads guilty to theft
- Minnesota man pleads not guilty to NE Iowa chase
- Man pleads not guilty in NE Iowa livestock neglect
- Austin man pleads guilty in NE Iowa burglary