MASON CITY, Iowa – A former employee of the Mason City Police Department is pleading not guilty to drug crimes.
Melinda Sue Severs, 43 of Dumont, is charged with two counts of possession of a prescription drug without a prescription. She’s accused of taking unwanted medication that was dropped off at the police department for herself.
Severs worked as an administrative assistant for Mason City police when the investigation into her began but is no longer employed there.
Severs is scheduled to stand trial on February 12, 2019.
- Not guilty pleas from former Mason City PD employee
- Guilty plea in Mason City jewelry theft
- Guilty pleas in Mason City theft
- Guilty plea in Mason City garage burglaries
- Not guilty plea in Mason City burglary
- Not guilty plea in Mason City chase
- Guilty plea in Mason City forgery case
- Guilty plea in Mason City double-murder
- Guilty plea in Mason City strangulation
- Not guilty plea in Mason City chain attack