GARNER, Iowa – A woman accused of stealing from the Casey’s General Store in Britt is pleading not guilty.
BreAnna Hedegard, 25 of Mason City, is charged with lottery fraud and 5th degree theft. Britt police say she took money from the store’s cash register and from the manager’s office. Hedegard is also accused of taking a lottery ticket printed by mistake, scanning it, and keeping the prize money for herself.
Court documents state that Hedegard denied these allegations but that her actions were captured of security video.
Hedegard’s trial is due to begin on March 20 in Hancock County District Court.
- Not guilty plea to convenience store theft
- Convenience store manager pleads guilty to theft
- Ex-convenience store employee pleads not guilty to theft
- No jail time in convenience store thefts
- Former convenience store manager sentenced for theft
- Ex-convenience store employee charged with theft in Worth County
- Lake MIlls man sentenced for convenience store theft
- Not guilty plea in lottery ticket theft
- Guilty plea in Mason City jewelry theft
- Not guilty plea in wiring theft