ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A woman is pleading not guilty in a chase that went from Iowa to Minnesota and hit speeds around 110 miles per hour.
Monica Christine Lynch, 45 of Kansas City, Missouri, is facing one count of fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle. She was arrested on March 12. The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office says Lynch sped away from a traffic stop on County Road B 20, drove north on Interstate 35, and was stopped after stop sticks were set up in Freeborn County.
Authorities initially said they believed Lynch threw methamphetamine and marijuana out her windows during the chase.
Her trial is scheduled to begin on April 24.
- Not guilty plea in high speed chase
- Guilty plea in Rochester chase
- Different pleas in different states over high speed chase
- Howard County man pleads not guilty in high-speed chase
- Man pleads not guilty in high speed chase
- Man accused of second high-speed chase pleads not guilty
- Fillmore County man pleads not guilty in high-speed chase
- Guilty plea in 100+ mph chase
- Not guilty plea in Mason City chase
- Guilty plea in Rochester car chase