OSAGE, Iowa – A St. Ansgar man charged in connection with a deadly crash is pleading not guilty.
Justin William Slaichert, 22, is accused of supplying alcohol to someone under the legal age, resulting in death. His trial is set to begin July 18 in Mitchell County District Court.
Authorities say Slaichert provided alcohol to Hannah Nichole Pfeifer, 19, before she drove off the road on January 6 and died after hitting a tree near the intersection of Highway 105 and Grain Millers Drive in St. Ansgar. Law enforcement says Pfeifer had a blood alcohol content over twice the legal limit at the time of the crash.
Court documents state Pfeifer had been drinking at the Carpenter Community Center before the crash and that Slaichert, Pfeifer’s boyfriend, admitted to buying her three beers.
- Plea deal in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Not guilty plea in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Probation in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Not guilty plea in fatal Olmsted County crash
- UPDATE: Drivers identified in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Guilty plea in drunken crash
- Guilty plea in Olmsted County crash
- Not guilty plea in fatal Mower County collision
- Charge filed in deadly Mitchell County crash
- Plea confusion for Mitchell County man facing federal charges