DAKOTA CITY, Iowa – A Webster County woman is pleading not guilty in a fatal crash.
Trisha Dawn Luthro of Badger is charged in Humboldt County District Court with homicide by vehicle-OWI and serious injury by vehicle. Authorities say Luthro was seen driving erratically eastbound on Highway 3 in Humboldt on September 24, 2017. She’s accused of crossing the centerline around 7:50 pm and colliding head on with the westbound vehicle driven by Kevin Paul Ahlstrom of Dakota City.
The crash happened about ½ mile east of the junction of Highway 3 and U.S. Highway 169. Authorities say Ahlstrom was returning home from a family function in Clarion.
The collision seriously injured Luthro and Kevin Ahlstrom and killed Ahlstrom’s son, 12-year-old Brady James Ahlstrom. According to court documents, Luthro’s blood alcohol content was over the legal limit of .08 at the time of the crash.
Criminal charges were filed against Luthro on February 20. She pleaded not guilty on March 26. A trial date has not been set.
- Not guilty plea in deadly Humboldt County collision
- Trial set in deadly Humboldt County collision
- Plea deal in deadly Cerro Gordo County collision
- Guilty plea in Dodge County school bus collision
- Not guilty plea in fatal Mower County collision
- Guilty plea in Howard County car/motorcycle collision
- Not guilty plea in deadly Rochester shooting
- Guilty plea in deadly North Iowa crash
- Humboldt County driver killed in collision with semi
- Charges filed in deadly Dodge County collision