MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of abducting people and then robbing them is pleading not guilty.
Harold Victory Stinnett Jr., 28 of Clear Lake, is charged with 1st degree theft as a habitual offender.
Mason City police say he was involved in a July 2 incident at the Yesway convenience store at 12th Street and North Carolina Avenue. Police say two men got into the car of a man and woman and ordered them to follow another vehicle to a parking lot, where the victims’ phones and wallets were taken.
An investigation led to a search of a home and vehicle in the 1400 block of North Hampshire Avenue and Stinnett’s arrest.
His trial is set to begin on October 16.
A second defendant in this case, Felix Allen Arp, was arrested on July 13. He is also charged with 1st degree theft and has not yet entered a plea.
- Not guilty plea in abduction and theft
- Not guilty plea in lottery ticket theft
- Guilty plea in Mason City jewelry theft
- Not guilty plea in wiring theft
- Guilty pleas in Mason City theft
- Guilty plea in paintball gun theft
- Not guilty plea in snowmobile theft
- Guilty plea in theft of trade secrets
- Not guilty plea to convenience store theft
- Guilty plea in Rochester Subway thefts