NORTHWOOD, Iowa – Trial is set to begin July 10 for a Kensett man accused of leading law enforcement on a high-speed chase.
Dustin DeVries, 37, has pleaded not guilty to driving while barred, eluding, and possession of methamphetamine.
Authorities say DeVries fled an attempted traffic stop on March 22. After a pursuit that reached speeds of around 90 miles per hour, DeVries reportedly entered Kensett and tried to drive through a backyard in the 100 block of Maple Street but got stuck in the snow.
Law enforcement says DeVries escaped on foot but turned himself in several days later.
- Not guilty plea in Worth County pursuit
- Not guilty plea in Worth County assault
- Guilty plea in Worth County trespassing
- Not guilty plea in blizzard pursuit
- Not guilty plea in 150 mph pursuit
- Osage man arrested after Worth County pursuit
- Not guilty plea in Worth County sex abuse
- Not guilty plea in Worth County hotel room beating
- Guilty plea in cross-border pursuit that ended in gunfire
- Wanted man arrested in Worth County after foot pursuit