NORTHWOOD, Iowa – One of the people accused in a bloody hotel room beating is pleading not guilty.
Abdirizak Warsame Mohammed, 41 of Owatonna, and Kadra A. Bashir, 32 of Minneapolis, are charged with willful injury. Authorities say they assaulted a woman at the Holiday Inn on Wheelerwood Road in Worth County on December 1, 2018.
Law enforcement says the victim with left with blood all over her face and a swollen shut left eye.
Mohammed is accused of punching the woman many times. His trial is now set for February 20.
Bashir is accused of holding the woman down. She has not yet entered a plea.
- Not guilty plea in Worth County hotel room beating
- Man arrested for Worth County hotel beating
- Second arrest in Worth County hotel beating
- Not guilty plea in Worth County pursuit
- Not guilty plea in Worth County assault
- Guilty plea in Worth County trespassing
- Guilty plea in hotel sex assault
- Not guilty plea in Worth County sex abuse
- Suspended fine for damage at a Worth County hotel
- Guilty pleas in Floyd County farm burglary