ELDORA, Iowa – Half of a Hardin County couple charged with 1st degree kidnapping is pleading not guilty.
Traci Lynn Tyler, 39 of Ackley, and Alex Craig Shadlow, 30 of Ackley, are accused of keeping Shadlow’s biological son locked up in a six foot by six foot area under the basement stairs in their Ackley home. Authorities say the boy was forced to stay there at least nine hours each day before being released to go to school. Court documents say the boy was forced to sleep on the cement floor and was given a small tin can to use as a bathroom.
Tyler entered a not guilty plea on Monday and a pre-trial conference is set to take place on September 10. Court documents show Shadlow has not entered a plea yet.
- Not guilty plea in Hardin County kidnapping
- Hardin County kidnapping case pushed back
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County kidnapping
- Not guilty plea in Winnebago County kidnapping
- Trial delayed in Hardin County kidnap/torture case
- Fatal crash in Hardin County
- Not guilty plea for kidnapping and assault
- Guilty plea in Mower County kidnap/rape case
- Not guilty plea in kidnapping and sex assault
- Hancock County man pleads guilty to kidnapping