ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A Freeborn County man accused of hitting his brother with a shovel is pleading not guilty.
Tyler Dain Christensen, 30 of Albert Lea, is charged with 2nd degree assault with a dangerous weapon and intentional discharge of a firearm. He was arrested on August 29 after Albert Lea police and the Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of shots fired.
Authorities say it appears an argument over family issues turned into a physical fight where Tyler Christensen hit his brother in the back with a shovel and told his brother he was going to get a gun. The brother told law enforcement that as he got into his vehicle to leave, he heard a shot.
Police and deputies surrounded the building where Tyler Christensen was and he was arrested without trouble. Court documents say
Christensen admitted to firing a rifle in the air to scare his brother into leaving.
No trial date has been set.
- Not guilty plea in Freeborn County shovel attack
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County kidnapping
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County sex assault
- Guilty plea to sexual assault of teen in Freeborn County
- Guilty plea in bleach attack
- Guilty plea in Floyd county bat attack
- Plea deal in Freeborn County sex abuse
- Plea entered in Freeborn County screwdriver stabbing
- Not guilty plea in screwdriver attack
- Guilty plea in Oronoco bat attack