MASON CITY, Iowa – A trial date is set for a Clear Lake man who is accused of having sex with a woman without her consent.
Issaac Emmanuel Watkins, 24, was arrested in January in connection with the abuse. Clear Lake police said they found a person unconscious in the back seat of a car on May 6, 2017. A witness identified Watkins as the last person to be with the person and police said his DNA was found on a piece of the victim’s clothing.
Police said a search of Watkins' phone also uncovered images of him committing a sex act on the victim, who denies consenting to any sex and claims no memory of it.
Watkins has pleaded not guilty to third-degree sex abuse and invasion of privacy. His trial is scheduled for April 10.
- Clear Lake man pleads not guilty to sexual abuse
- Clear Lake storage unit burglars plead guilty
- Clear Lake man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries
- Man pleads not guilty to trashing a Clear Lake apartment
- Clear Lake man pleads guilty to marijuana crime
- MN man pleads not guilty to Clear Lake truck theft
- Minnesota man pleads guilty to Clear Lake truck theft
- Clear Lake man found not guilty of sex abuse
- Clear Lake man pleads guilty to child sex abuse in Idaho
- Austin man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl