CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A man accused of hitting a child in the head with a frying pan is pleading not guilty.
Barth Joseph Lemke, 52 of Charles City, is now scheduled to stand trial on September 20 for child endangerment.
Lemke was arrested on June 21 and accused of hitting a child with a frying pay, slapping and throwing the child around, and calling the child “worthless.” Authorities say the abuse took place from 2016 through 2018.
The arrest happened after a 10-year-old child was interviewed at the Child Protection Center in Waterloo.
- Not guilty plea from man accused of hitting kid with a frying pan
- Not guilty plea from accused truck thief
- Not guilty plea from accused car thief
- Chinese 5 Spice Stir Fry
- Another not guilty plea from Rochester man
- Guilty plea in summer burglary
- Guilty plea in Byron standoff
- Guilty plea in Zumbrota shooting
- Guilty plea in bleach attack
- Guilty plea in Rochester chase