ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A North Iowa man is pleading not guilty to attacking another man in a Freeborn County bar.
Christopher Lon Rogers, 40 of Northwood, Iowa, is charged with 3rd degree assault. According to the criminal complaint, Rogers was at Hunter’s Bar in Myrtle on June 14, 2017, when he punched the victim in the face and caused him to fall. The Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office says surveillance video from the bar shows an exchange of words between the two men, then Rogers walked over and struck him.
A deputy called to the scene says the victim was found lying on the floor of the bar patio with a pool of blood around his head. The deputy said the victim’s head was lying on a roll of paper towels that was getting soaked in blood.
The victim was transported to Mayo Clinic for treatment of head injuries.
Rogers was charged in November 2017 and entered a not guilty plea to 3rd degree assault on Monday. His trial is set to begin on October 23.
- Northwood man pleads not guilty to Freeborn County assault
- Northwood man pleads guilty to meth possession
- Owatonna man pleads guilty in Freeborn County
- Freeborn County man pleads guilty to burglary
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County sex assault
- Winona County man pleads guilty to assault
- Northwood man pleads not guilty to attempted murder
- Northwood man pleads not guilty to Mason City meth crime
- Northwood man pleads guilty to Cerro Gordo Co. drug crime
- Man pleads guilty to meth possession in Northwood