CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) — Spencer Haldeman scored 24 points off the bench and Northern Iowa beat Evansville 81-74 on Saturday night, snapping a two-game skid.
Trae Berhow added 19 points and 10 rebounds for the Panthers (9-12, 4-4 Missouri Valley Conference). Isaiah Brown had 12 points and Luke McDonnell had 10 points and led the team with a career-best 14 rebounds.
Northern Iowa trailed 36-31 at the break and was down 48-40 early in the second half when Haldeman sank a layup and 3-pointer to spark a 16-4 run capped by a Brown 3 to go ahead 56-52 with 8:26 to go. Haldeman hit two more 3-pointers back-to-back to push it to 66-60 with 5:33 left and Evansville never threatened after that.
John Hall scored a career-high 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for the Purple Aces (9-12, 3-5), who are on a three-game skid. K.J. Riley added 19 points.
- Northern Iowa slips past Evansville, 81-74
- Gophers slip past Badgers, 59-52
- Hawkeyes handle Northern Iowa, 77-54
- Valparaiso downs Northern Iowa, 75-66
- Minor flooding expected in northern Iowa
- Northern Iowa blanks MIssouri State 37-0
- Countdown to Kickoff: Northern Iowa Panthers
- 1 killed during weekend crash in northern Iowa
- Possible severe weather later today in southern Minnesota, northern Iowa
- Volleyball highlights and scores from northern Iowa and southern Minnesota