DECORAH, Iowa – Nearly two years after a drug bust, a northeast Iowa man is finally sentenced for dealing heroin.
Jacob Allen Swearingen, 23 of Westgate, was given two to five years of probation Tuesday and ordered to pay a $1,000 fine.
He was charged after a Winneshiek County drug bust in June 2017 but wasn’t arrested until he was picked up on an outstanding warrant in Linn County in November 2018. Swearingen eventually pleaded guilty to possession with intent to deliver heroin.
- Northeast Iowan sentenced for dealing heroin
- Northeast Iowans seek their own municipal utility
- Iowans sentenced for deceiving elderly victims
- Plea deal in Austin heroin arrest
- Not guilty plea in Austin heroin deal
- North Iowans receive environmental honors
- Sex abuse sentence in northeast Iowa
- Man sentenced for northeast Iowa chase
- Northeast Iowa woman sentenced for check forgery
- Northeast Iowa teen sentenced for fatal beating