DECORAH, Iowa – Two northeast Iowa teens are now accused of attempted murder for what authorities called a “brutal” beating.
Dalton Adam, 18 of Decorah, and Jacob Taylor Seelinger, 17 of Decorah, are both charged with willful injury causing serious injury and attempt to commit murder. Authorities say they attacked a man around 11:30 pm on July 12 in the 1700 block of Old Stage Road.
Law enforcement says when they responded to a 911 call, they found the victim in “bad shape medically.” He was gurgling and had a bloody and badly swollen face. Authorities say Adam and Seelinger had left the area and were arrested later.
Seelinger’s trial is scheduled to begin on December 12. Adam has requested his trial be moved out of Winneshiek County and no start date has been set.
No mug shot of Seelinger is available.
- Northeast Iowa teens plead not guilty to attempted murder
- Northeast Iowa teen pleads not guilty to drug charge
- Northeast Iowa teen pleads guilty to multiple burglaries
- Man pleads not guilty to murder of northeast Iowa baby
- North Iowa teen pleads guilty again
- Northeast Iowa woman pleads not guilty to child endangerment
- Triple-digit speeder pleads guilty in northeast Iowa
- Northeast Iowa man pleads not guilty to child sex abuse
- Northeast Iowa man pleads guilty to receiving child porn
- Northeast Iowa teen pleads not guilty to drug and sex crimes