DECORAH, Iowa – The second trial in a Winneshiek County killing is being moved.
Dalton James Adam, 19 of Decorah, is now set to stand trial in Chickasaw County for the July 2018 beating death of David Hansen. Authorities say Adam and Jacob Seelinger, 18 of Decorah, attacked and killed Hansen after Hansen beat his girlfriend.
Seelinger has already been found guilty and sentenced to 50 years in prison.
Adam asked for his trial to be moved because media coverage and public interest in the case in Winneshiek County would make it impossible for him to get a fair trial. The County Attorney’s Office did not oppose moving the trial, which is scheduled to begin on October 28.
- Northeast Iowa murder trial to be moved
- Trial set in fatal northeast Iowa shooting
- Trial set in northeast Iowa drug case
- Murder charge filed against northeast Iowa man
- Man's trial in former Iowa State golfer's slaying moved to northeast Iowa
- River warning in northeast Iowa
- Manure spill in northeast Iowa
- North Iowa attempted murder trial is rescheduled
- Florida murder suspect gets probation in northeast Iowa
- Man wanted for murder in Florida arrested in northeast Iowa