HAMPTON, Iowa – A woman reported missing in January is now accused of setting fire to someone’s house.
Dawn Renae Debell, 50 of Hampton, was charged with 1st degree arson on Wednesday in Franklin County. The Sheffield Police Department says she started a fire at a home in the 200 block of North 5th Street on July 7. Police say there is video of Debell leaving the scene after starting the fire and her clothing is the same she was wearing on security video from the Hampton Kwik Star less than half an hour before the fire began.
1st degree arson is a class “B” felony in Iowa, punishable by up to 25 years in prison.
Debell was reported missing in North Iowa on January 24. Authorities asked for the public’s help after she was last seen in Clear Lake. Debell was then found by law enforcement on January 30.
- North Iowa woman arrested for arson
- North Iowa woman sentenced for forgery
- UPDATE: Missing woman located in North Iowa
- Three arrested in North Iowa fraud investigation
- Federal prison for North Iowa meth arrest
- Plea change in North Iowa drug arrest
- North Iowa fugitive arrested in Montana
- Arson sentence for Mason City woman
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Update: Missing North Iowa woman located in Mason City, man arrested