NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A Worth County man is arrested for unemployment benefit fraud.
Jason L. Berding, 45 of Fertile, is charged with 1st degree fraudulent practice. He was arrested Wednesday afternoon and booked into the Worth County Jail on $10,000 bond.
Court documents state Berding is accused of illegally receiving a total of 54 weeks of Iowa Unemployment Insurance benefits, totaling $17,321.17, between February 2015 and June 2018.
If convicted, Berding could owe restitution and a 15 percent penalty of $2,598.18.
- North Iowa man accused of illegally receiving unemployment benefits
- North Iowa man sentenced for benefit fraud
- Applications for US unemployment benefits drop 13,000
- Worth County man to stand trial over unemployment benefits
- Iowa's unemployment rate steady at 2.9 percent
- Unemployment rates down nationwide
- North Iowa pair accused of more crimes
- North Iowa family benefits from "Wheels for Work"
- Detroit man accused of delivering heroin to North Iowa
- Minnesota man accused of North Iowa snowmobile thefts