MASON CITY, Iowa – Another family has received transportation thanks to the “Wheels for Work” program.
Mason City Motor Company, United Way of North Central Iowa, and North Iowa Community Action Organization combined to provide the vehicle to the Piippo family, allowing a mother of two to get to her full-time job. Abigail Piippo says before this, she did not have reliable transport for work or childcare.
The United Way of North Central Iowa says to qualify for “Wheels for Work,” the Piippo family had to go through a rigorous application process and meet stringent criteria. The vehicle was donated by Mason City Motor Company after it was repaired and given a safety inspection.
- North Iowa family benefits from "Wheels for Work"
- Hancock County family gets 'Wheels for Work'
- North Iowa man sentenced for benefit fraud
- Iowa governor signs law providing military family benefits
- North Iowa man accused of illegally receiving unemployment benefits
- Mercy North Iowa celebrates Family Medicine Week
- Helping a late farmer's family harvest in north Iowa
- North Iowa family attempts to create a world record - again
- Families get assistance with annual north Iowa school supply drive
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa