FOREST CITY, Iowa – A California man is facing drug charges in Winnebago County.
19-year-old Carlos Antonio Guizar Lopez of Wasco, CA is accused of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and failure to affix a drug tax stamp.
Law enforcement was called to the Mills Motel in Lake Mills on January 19 for someone refusing to leave their room. When police arrived at the motel, they say Lopez came to the door and the smell of marijuana could be detected. Lopez was arrested and a Forest City K9 dog was brought into check Lopez’ suitcase. The dog indicated drugs were inside and law enforcement says a search found a total of about 13 ounces of marijuana in eight separate bags.
Lopez has entered a not guilty plea and his trial is set for March 28 in Winnebago County District Court.
- North Iowa drug charges against California man
- North Iowa drug charges dropped against California teen
- California man sentenced for North Iowa drug dealing
- Plea change in North Iowa drug arrest
- Guilty plea to North Iowa drug dealing
- North Iowa man pleads guilty to drug crimes
- Minnesota man sentenced in North Iowa drug case
- California man admits to North Iowa sex crime
- California man sentenced for child sex crime in North Iowa
- North Iowa man facing nine drug charges related to distributing meth