CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A Mason City man is sentenced for cheating the government out of thousands of dollars.
Brian Charles Sachen, 40, pleaded guilty to 1st degree theft for lying about having custody of his son in order to receive more than $10,000 in government benefits. Authorities say the deceit went on for about 15 months from 2015 through 2016.
Sachen has been ordered to spend five years of supervised probation and must pay back the government for the benefits he should have never gotten.
- North Iowa man sentenced for benefit fraud
- Three arrested in North Iowa fraud investigation
- Minnesota man sentenced for North Iowa chase
- Clear Lake man sentenced for federal fraud
- North Iowa man accused of illegally receiving unemployment benefits
- North Iowa woman pleads not guilty to insurance fraud
- Second sentence in North Iowa auto thefts
- North Iowa woman sentenced for forgery
- Jail sentence for North Iowa theft
- Minnesota duo sentenced for North Iowa beating