NORTHWOOD, Iowa- The North Iowa Marine Corp League are still asking people for new unwrapped toys for the annual Toys for Tots program.
Trustile Doors in Northwood joined in the effort this year after one of the employees suggested donating toys instead of doing an office wide secret Santa.
The employees have already raised around $570 and the company then matched the donations.
“I spoke to an employee this morning who said she was really excited we are doing this because she has been a Toys for Tots recipient for her young daughter,” said Tiffany Walter, the HR Manager at Trustile Doors.
The North Iowa Marine Corp League will be picking up the toys at the Northwood location this coming Monday.
- North Iowa Marine Corp League still in need of toy donations
- Iowa to lower flags to honor fallen Marine
- Officials say donated wildlife area thriving in north-central Iowa
- Lawsuit filed against Hormel Foods Corp.
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist
- Governor candidate in North Iowa
- 'Vision North Iowa' plan announced
- Weather update in North Iowa
- Complaint about banana toy started turmoil at Iowa agency