MASON CITY, Iowa - Have a hankering for some taco in a bag? The North Iowa Fair is ready to delight both young and old. All rides are free, and so is the parking.
There are traditional fair offerings, like rides, games, and livestock exhibits.
Some fairgoers may be a little reluctant to go, thanks to the heat, but fair officials say there are cooling stations set up with water and several of the exhibit buildings are equipped with air conditioning.
Livestock is being kept cool with fans, and their owners are constantly spraying them with water.
- Cooling stations set up at North Iowa Fair to deal with the heat
- North Iowa Fair marches on through wind and heat
- Guilty plea to North Iowa drug dealing
- Trial set in North Iowa check forgery
- Iowa State Fair sets attendance record of 1.13 million
- North Iowa couple gets engaged at Minnesota State Fair
- Excessive Heat Watch for north Iowa counties until Saturday
- California man sentenced for North Iowa drug dealing
- Plea deal reached in North Iowa blizzard chase
- New record attendance for Iowa State Fair