MASON CITY, Iowa – A man gets probation for a rural burglary.
Darrian Troy Moorehead, 22 of Nora Springs, pleaded guilty to 3rd degree burglary for a June incident in the 22000 block of 290th Street. Authorities say he forced his way into a home and stayed there, violating a no-contact order, and took a television and other items when he was removed from the residence.
Moorehead was sentenced Wednesday to three years of supervised probation. He must also pay restitution to his victim and a $750 civil penalty. Moorehead received a deferred judgment, which means this conviction will be removed from his record if he successfully completes his term of probation.
- Nora Springs man sentenced for rural burglary
- Three sentenced for rural Floyd County burglary
- Nora Springs woman in Mower County crash
- One arrested after Nora Springs drug raid
- Historic Nora Springs home being demolished
- Nora Springs man heading to federal prison for selling meth
- Nora Springs man accused of threats and assault
- Man pleads not guilty in Nora Springs arrest
- Nora Springs man facing sexual abuse charge in Floyd County
- Austin man pleads guilty to rural burglary