MANLY, Iowa (AP) - Authorities have decided not to pursue criminal charges in the death of a 7-month-old after an accident at an in-home day care in northern Iowa.
A Department of Human Services summary says little Haven Rozevink slipped down while sleeping in her car seat Dec. 28, causing straps to tighten around her neck and chin after the seat tipped forward.
The department concluded that the day care owner, Carrie Lohmann, of Manly, was responsible for placing the child at risk but should not be prosecuted.
- No prosecution in North Iowa baby death
- Prosecution rests in murder trial of Iowa mother
- Iowa child care provider's license suspended after baby's death
- North-central Iowa hospital to stop delivering babies
- Prosecution rests in former Minneapolis officer's trial
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- 32nd 'safe haven' baby surrendered in Iowa
- Snowmobile death in NW Iowa
- Iowa flu deaths rise again
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist