MANLY, Iowa (AP) - Authorities have decided not to pursue criminal charges in the death of a 7-month-old after an accident at an in-home day care in northern Iowa.
A Department of Human Services summary says little Haven Rozevink slipped down while sleeping in her car seat Dec. 28, causing straps to tighten around her neck and chin after the seat tipped forward.
The department concluded that the day care owner, Carrie Lohmann, of Manly, was responsible for placing the child at risk but should not be prosecuted.
- No prosecution in North Iowa baby death
- Prosecution rests in murder trial of Iowa mother
- North-central Iowa hospital to stop delivering babies
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Snowmobile death in NW Iowa
- Iowa flu deaths rise again
- 32nd 'safe haven' baby surrendered in Iowa
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist
- Governor candidate in North Iowa
- 'Vision North Iowa' plan announced