CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- After some issues at the Clear Lake recycling center, a new solution is in place.
New lids on the recycling containers mean people have to breakdown cardboard in order to recycle. This comes after several people had left cardboard boxes on the ground outside the containers. But those we spoke with on Tuesday say the new lids create a number of issues, including how much can fit in the dumpsters.
City leaders say they empty the containers frequently, but those like Steve Gooding say they would like to see it done more often.
“I always break down my boxes,” he said. “You try to get one in there. The fact is that they don’t empty them.”
Gooding says he uses the dumpsters at least three times a week.
- Clear Lake finds solution for recycling issue
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Surprise! Ice fisherman in Clear Lake finds surprise
- Helping DNR evaluate Clear Lake ecosystem results in big find
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- SAW: Clear Lake's Eric Faught
- Clear Lake hosts 9/11 memorial