CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- After a vote at the city council meeting on Monday night, more construction could be coming to the city of Clear Lake sooner than later.
The Clear Lake City Council voted unanimously to approve spending $9,000 for a marketing and feasibility report. Once completed, the result could be a new hotel and convention center.
A local business owner told KIMT that she is in favor of the council’s decision.
“I think it’s great,” said Niki Monson. “As a business owner, the more people we can get into the town, the better. It’s a great little lake town and people that come here seem to enjoy it.”
A location for the complex will be determined once the feasibility report has been completed.
- New hotel, convention center could be coming to Clear Lake
- Freedom Rock coming to Clear Lake
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Clear Lake City Council gives update on hotel feasibility study
- PGI Convention coming to Mason CIty
- Crowds come to Clear Lake for annual Fireworks Over Clear Lake
- Sneak peek: Mason City releases renderings for multipurpose arena, hotel and convention center
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf