ROCHESTER, Minn. - Starting this winter, anglers using wheelhouse or dark-house shelter need to purchase a license to have a spot on the ice.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources said previously, wheeled fish houses were considered portable and didn't need a license.
An annual resident shelter license is $16.
The license tag must be placed on the outside of the shelter.
- New ice fishing regulations coming this winter in MN
- 2018 Winter Ice Fishing Day
- MN Republicans propose new gun regulations
- Investigation into Minnesota ice fishing tournament
- Roundabout coming soon to dangerous MN intersection
- ICE Facility could come to southern Minnesota
- 2019 MN Governor's Fishing Opener will be held in Albert Lea
- "Take Your Kid Fishing"
- MN HS football rankings (10/11)