ROCHESTER, Minn. – A new executive director has been named for the Channel One Regional Food Bank.
Virginia Merritt, who has been the Executive Director of Legal Assistance of Olmsted County for five years, will take over the job in January 2018.
“We have selected an incredible individual who will confidently lead Channel One well into the future,” says Channel One board chairman Jim Bressi. “She is a strong advocate, dedicated, determined and a highly respected leader in many public service areas. She has a tremendous amount of enthusiasm, possesses effective team building skills and most significantly, she has the confidence to lead Channel One as we address the challenges that our clients face each and every day.”
Merritt joined the United Way of Olmsted County’s Board of Directors in 2015 and has been honored for her work helping battered women.
“I am excited to join the dedicated staff and volunteers at Channel One Regional Food Bank and look forward to working with Channels One's staff, board of directors, partners, volunteers, and the community to feed people and change lives,” says Merritt. “Channel One has a long history of serving those in need and has created innovative programs to deliver food and nutrition to low-income people in the community. I look forward to helping Channel One to continue to achieve its mission well into the future.”
- New director for Channel One Regional Food Bank
- $150,000 grant for Channel One Regional Food Bank
- Channel One Regional Food Bank loses a third of trucks to flooding
- Channel One announces its food bank donor of the year
- Aldi donates thousands to Channel One food bank
- Rochester Food Bank Encourages 'Donating a Row'
- Local Food Bank Needs Summer Donations
- Ramadan food drive hopes to become eventual food bank
- Mayo donates leftover bottled water to local food bank
- Retailers Team Up With Food Bank To Combat Hunger