ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota State Fair organizers say this year's event attracted a record number of people.
More than 2 million people visited the Great Minnesota Get Together which concluded its 12-day run on Labor Day. The fair set an all-time single day attendance record on Saturday with more than 270,000 visitors.
The number of 2018 visitors broke record attendance of about 1,997,000 set last year.
The fair featured nearly 15,000 animals, 900 free music performances, hundreds of educational exhibits and thousands of food and beverage offerings.
- New attendance record at Minnesota State Fair
- New record attendance for Iowa State Fair
- Iowa State Fair sets attendance record of 1.13 million
- Storms force evacuation of Minnesota State Fair
- Record-setting cold in Minnesota
- New foods coming to the Minnesota State Fair
- North Iowa couple gets engaged at Minnesota State Fair
- Minnesota State Fair board OKs nearly $20M in improvements
- 2 tour buses crash near Minnesota State Fair, 8 injured
- Pedestrian struck, 3 wounded by gunfire outside Minnesota State Fair