UPDATE: Authorities say 50-year-old Jose Luis Padilla was the driver injured when his car collided with a semi Thursday morning at the intersection of 16th Street and South Broadway in Rochester. He was taken to the hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
The driver of the semi has been identified as 67-year-old Edward Richard Schneider of Clermont, Iowa. He was not hurt in the crash.
Previous story below
ROCHESTER, Minn. – A serious motor vehicle accident involving a car and semi closed the road at 16th St. and S. Broadway this morning.
The road was closed until around 8 a.m.
Authorities say the male driver of the car was transported to St. Mary’s with serious injuries. The driver of the semi wasn’t injured.
The semi was northbound on N. Broadway Ave. and the car was westbound. A preliminary investigation suggests the semi had the green light. The investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATE: Man hurt in car/semi crash in Rochester is identified
- UPDATE: Florida man hurt in Olmsted County semi crash
- Rochester man hurt in Dodge County crash
- Car hits semi southeast of Rochester
- UPDATE: Two hurt in crash west of Rochester.
- UPDATE: Man identified in fatal crash
- Rochester woman hurt in Tuesday morning crash
- Man sentenced after Rochester crashes
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Mason City crash identified
- Two-vehicle crash involved Rochester police car