HIGH FOREST TOWNSHIP, Minn. - A woman is dead after a car/semi collision in Olmsted County.
It happened around 11:30 am Thursday at the intersection of Highway 30 and County Road 8. The Minnesotat State Patrol says a southbound car driven by 20-year-old Amelia Joanne Speltz of Altura failed to stop for a stop sign and crashed with an eastbound semi driven by 50-year-old Marlon Thomas Davis of St. James.
The State Patrol says Davis was wearing a seat belt but Speltz was not. Davis was not hurt but Speltz was killed.
The Olmsted County Sheriff's Office assisted at the scene.
Previous story below
OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – One person has died in a two-vehicle accident southwest of the Rochester airport.
KIMT has confirmed a person in a car was driving alone and was involved in a crash with a semi. The driver of the car has died.
The accident happened on Highway 30 and County Rd. 8.
We will have more on this story throughout the day.
- UPDATE: Name released in fatal Olmsted County crash
- Update: Name released of woman killed in Olmsted County crash
- Not guilty plea in fatal Olmsted County crash
- UPDATE: Mower County crash turns fatal
- UPDATE: Florida man hurt in Olmsted County semi crash
- UPDATE: Man facing life-threatening injuries after Olmsted County crash
- UPDATE: Condition improves for two victims of Olmsted County crash
- UPDATE: Semi catches fire in Olmsted County
- UPDATE: Wanted man arrested in Olmsted County
- UPDATE: One dead after Olmsted County collision