WINNESHIEK COUNTY, Iowa – The victim in a case where a 17-year-old has been charged as an adult and an 18-year-old is wanted is facing life-threatening injuries, according to court documents.
“Unknown at this time if he will live or not,” court documents said.
Dalton Adam, 18, and Jacob Seelinger, 17, are accused of an attack at 1775 Old Stage Rd. in Winneshiek County at 11:29 p.m. Wednesday.
According to court documents, a 911 call was received where the caller advised the victim had been assaulted badly. Authorities said the victim’s face was bloody and “extremely swollen.”
Seelinger was charged as an adult with felony willful injury causing serious injury and was transported to the Winneshiek County Jail.
Following Seelinger’s initial appearance, he will be transported to a juvenile detention facility.
Warrants have been issued for Adam’s arrest.
He is 6-foot-1, 200 pounds with brown hair who was last seen in the Freeport area, which is near Decorah.
Adam is considered dangerous, and the Sheriff’s Office said “please lock the doors to your home and vehicles.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 563-382-4268.
- New: 1 arrested, 1 wanted in NE Iowa attack that left man with life-threatening injuries
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man stabs himself after threatening woman's life
- Drug arrest in NE Iowa
- Wanted subject in 'brutal' NE Iowa attack taken into custody
- Minnesota man arrested after NE Iowa pursuit
- Life-threatening injuries after Mower County collision
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man killed after being attacked by bull
- NE Iowa man gets life for killing girlfriend's daughter
- UPDATE: Man facing life-threatening injuries after Olmsted County crash
- Stewartville man suffers life-threatening injuries in car/tractor collision