MASON CITY, Iowa - The state fire marshal is not yet releasing the name of the victim because they are still notifying family members.
But what we do know is that the fire has been ruled accidental.
Officials say the cause is electrical and started from a multi-plug surge protector.
It happened at 927 North Tyler Avenue.
One neighbor tell us she arrived home shortly after the house fire and has lived in the neighborhood for the past 47 years and has never experienced anything tragic like this.
“We just stood back and watched at that point and the after the fire was out we went and talked to the family and gave them our sympathy and we really feel bad,” says Karen Squier.
The state fire marshal's office says they expect to release the identity of the victim in the next few days.
- Neighbors shocked by fatal house fire
- Neighbors react to house fire
- Fatal house fire in Minneapolis
- Neighbors react to Rochester fatal stabbings
- Customers Shocked Over Perkins Closing
- Police: Iowa man fatally shot after breaking into neighbor's home
- House fire in Kasson
- House fire in Byron
- Neighbors react to missing AK-47
- Neighbors crash wedding venue proposal