ROCHESTER, Minn.- Police tell KIMT that a resident reported their assault rifle missing from a home on the 100 block of 11 1/2 street southeast.
Residents of this south eastern neighborhood are concerned after Rochester police say a loaded AK-47 went missing from a garage.
Neighbors say the area isn't what it used to be but its generally a quiet area.
Tony Griffin lives in the neighborhood and is shocked that someone owned a weapon like that.
He says there have been a series of robberies in the area but hearing this is most concerning.
“With that gun being missing like that, hey need to be on that like non-stop,” said Griffin.
- Neighbors react to missing AK-47
- Neighbors react to house fire
- Neighbors react to Rochester fatal stabbings
- Rochester man claims AK-47 stolen from his garage
- Federal trial for 'AK-47 Bandit' set for March
- UPDATE: Neighbors react to shots fired in Austin
- Neighboring business reacts to second arrest made in GameStop robbery
- Neighbors react to 18th Ave NW reconstruction project
- 'AK-47 bandit,' suspected of Mason City bank robbery, could face up to 35 years in prison
- Neighbors react to alleged knife-point robbery while victim was cleaning off car