ROCHESTER, Minn. - The next phase of a major construction project is set to begin on Wednesday.
It's closing off part of 18th Avenue NW, from 37th Street to 41st Street.
The city has a suggested detour for drivers.
Michael Dean lives near the site and said he's afraid the detour will cause more traffic to be in his neighborhood.
"More traffic, more noise, more congestion, maybe harder to get out of your driveway," Dean said, "or there's a few small kids in the neighborhood so they'll have to be more cautious with them too."
Chris Rogers lives on 19th Street and goes to the bus stop on the corner of 41st Street. He's not sure if the detour will affect him, but predicts it will affect people who use the bus stop on 18th Avenue.
"They'll probably have to wake up earlier and walk down, leave their house early so they can make it to the bus," Rogers said.
- Neighbors react to 18th Ave NW reconstruction project
- Construction on 18th Ave NW resumes Monday
- Iowa 122 reconstruction project begins
- 18th Avenue NW construction pushed back due to weather
- 4th St. SW reconstruction project underway
- Rochester International Airport planning $67M reconstruction project
- Neighbors react to house fire
- Neighbors react to missing AK-47
- Looking ahead: Open House #3 for North Broadway Reconstruction Project
- 4th Street SW undergoing reconstruction