Olmsted County, Minn. – Authorities say 24-year-old Ambar Gaytan, of rural Byron, died during an Oct. 30 vehicle accident.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office said a landowner discovered the vehicle. The crash happened around 9:07 p.m. on Oct. 30. Investigators found video of the crash via a surveillance camera at a nearby business and it showed the vehicle traveling over the speed limit before it was seen going off the road down a steep embankment into the ditch.
Gaytan was reported missing by family and friends around 3 p.m. Oct. 31.
An autopsy is being conducted Thursday.
- Name released of person killed in Olmsted Co. crash
- One person injured in Olmsted Co. crash
- Update: Name released of woman killed in Olmsted County crash
- UPDATE: Name released in fatal Olmsted County crash
- 1 person killed in northeast Iowa crash
- Update: Name released of person killed in overnight crash in Cerro Gordo County
- Two injured in Olmsted County crash
- Arrest after weekend crash in Olmsted County
- Four injured in Olmsted County crash
- Guilty plea in Olmsted County crash