NASHUA, Iowa – One person is dead after an ATV rollover in rural Chickasaw County.
The Iowa State Patrol says Larry Moine, 77 of Nashua, was igniting grass fires along his property next to the railroad right of way in the 2900 block of Asherton Avenue. The Patrol says as Moine tried to go up a steep embankment just before 3 pm Tuesday, his ATV rolled.
Moine was taken to the Floyd County Medical Center in Charles City by Chickasaw Rescue but his injuries proved to be fatal.
The Chickasaw County Sheriff, Nashua police and fire, the DNR, and the DOT all assisted with this accident.
- Nashua man dies after ATV rollover
- Nashua man pleads guilty to child endangerment
- Southern Minnesota man dies after ATV accident
- Nashua woman sentenced for child endangerment
- Iowa man who fell off back of ATV has died
- Nashua PD asking for public's help after campground vandalism
- Nashua-Plainfield/Osage join forces to become 'Caleb Strong'
- Girls golf: Crestwood/Nashua-Plainfield vs. Grundy Center
- Nashua-Plainfield outlasts West Fork in walk-off victory
- Man dies after tractor rollover in northeast Iowa