SPENCER, Iowa (Sioux City Journal) — Authorities in northwestern Iowa have identified a man whose body was found inside a burning home.
Spencer Fire Department Deputy Chief Mark Stover said Tuesday in a news release that 70-year-old Larry Classon died on Feb. 13 in a fire at his Spencer home.
The Sioux City Journal reports that the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Stover says Classon died of smoke inhalation. Classon's body was found the morning of Feb. 13 after firefighters were called to his house and arrived to find the home in flames.
- NW Iowa authorities identify man whose body was found in fire
- Snowmobile death in NW Iowa
- Iowa authorities say man fatally shot while coyote hunting in NW Iowa
- Authorities: Man, child died after vehicle broke through ice in NW Iowa
- Authorities ID Minnesota man who was killed in NW Iowa barn collapse
- Authorities identify man found dead along Rochester road
- NW Iowa man gets second sentence for insurance scheme
- Body found in frozen eastern Iowa lake
- Body of missing Iowa man found in Okoboji
- Southern Minnesota body identified as Minneapolis man