CLINTON - The NIACC baseball team's season came to a close Sunday afternoon with a 12-8 loss to DMACC at the NJCAA Region XI tournament at Ashford University Field.
DMACC (27-27) used a nine-run third inning to stay alive in what now is a three-team tournament. The Bears play top-seed Southeastern at 3 p.m. Sunday in an elimination game.
NIACC (37-20-1) put itself back in the game (10-8) with a 5-run seventh inning, which included a grand slam from Nate VanKan.
DMACC scored two insurance runs in its half of the ninth inning to push the gap to four runs and the Bears held the Trojans scoreless in the bottom of the ninth inning.
- NIACC baseball falls in Region XI Tournament
- NIACC advances to Region XI championship
- NIACC women advance to fifth-straight Region XI final
- NIACC defeats Kirkwood for Region XI title, advances to NJCAA Tournament
- NIACC baseball in Wisconsin?!
- NIACC baseball falls short of Kirkwood
- NIACC carries talented squad into national tournament
- NIACC baseball honored for academic excellence
- NIACC baseball survives another day, wins region game against Iowa Central
- NIACC women falls in NJCAA quarterfinals