WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — A Waterloo woman has pleaded guilty for her role in her 4-year-old daughter's death and has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
The Courier reports that 34-year-old Kristi Amber Buss pleaded guilty Friday to three felony charges: neglecting a dependent person, child neglect resulting in serious injury and involuntary manslaughter. She had originally been charged with child endangerment causing the death of her daughter, 4-year-old Gracie Buss, and had faced 50 years in prison.
Kristi Buss' boyfriend, 35-year-old Chad Allen Little, was convicted in May of first-degree murder in the death and sentenced in June to life in prison.
Prosecutors say Little abused his Buss' two children, and delivered a fatal head injury to Gracie in May 2015.
- NE Iowa woman pleads guilty in 4-year-old daughter's death
- Man pleads guilty in NE Iowa woman's cannon malfunction death
- Iowa woman pleads guilty to abuse of disabled daughter
- Woman pleads guilty to kidnapping in adopted daughter's death
- Man pleads not guilty in NE Iowa livestock neglect
- Austin man pleads guilty in NE Iowa burglary
- Chatfield man pleads not guilty to NE Iowa sex abuse
- Former NE Iowa hospital chief executive pleads guilty to theft
- Woman found guilty in daughter's starvation death
- NE Iowa man gets life for killing girlfriend's daughter