Skip Hambright of Rochester MN asked the experts at First Alliance Credit Union, “How does a newly married couple get a mortgage and find the best rates?”
The experts from the First Alliance Credit Union Mortgage Team answered by sharing these tips and advice about getting a mortgage as newlyweds:
- The process starts with talking to your credit union or bank if they offer mortgages to determine the options they have available.
- Check with family and friends on which financial institutions they used to finance their mortgage
- Once you have two or three potential mortgage lenders, call to make an appointment with your spouse to review their mortgage options
- Go through the preapproval process and ask for a loan estimate document from each mortgage lender
Learn more about mortgage loans: https://www.firstalliancecu.com/blog/faqs-about-getting-a-mortgage
- My Money Monday: - Mortgages and newlyweds
- My Money Monday - Budgeting tips for newlyweds
- My Money Monday, March 12 - What is mortgage pre-approval?
- My Money Monday, April 30 - Mortgage loan basics
- My Money Monday, Aug. 6 - A 2nd mortgage for home improvements?
- Lakers mortgage future to add superstar Davis
- My Money Monday - Saving money from paychecks
- My Money Monday, April 16 - Teaching kids good money habits
- My Money Monday - Is college worth the money?
- My Money Monday - Tips for overspending