MASON CITY, Iowa – The first-degree murder trial of Larry Whaley has been delayed.
The 60-year-old Mason City man is accused of shooting and killing 19-year-old Samantha Teeter on December 2, 2016. Teeter was shot at an apartment complex across the street of Lincoln Intermediate School in Mason City and died of her wounds.
Whaley had been scheduled to stand trial on May 30 in Cerro Gordo County District Court, but that has now been pushed back to November 13.
- Murder trial for Larry Whaley postponed
- Guilty verdict in Whaley murder trial
- Rochester murder trial is postponed
- Mason City murder trial is postponed
- Trial for Worth County attempted murder is postponed again
- Judge postpones 'Bachelor' star's fatal accident trial
- Whaley trial: 'He shot through his closed apartment door at another person'
- Whaley sentenced to 50 years for murder of 19-year-old Samantha Teeter
- Day 3 of Whaley murder trial: 'He thought the door was starting to open briefly for a bit, then he said he fired two more rounds'
- Sports-related postponements