ROSE CREEK, Minn. – A man wanted for murder in North Dakota is arrested in Mower County.
Miguel Jay Cooley Sr., 44 of Moorhead, is a suspect in an early Sunday morning killing that happened at a McDonald’s in Fargo. Authorities say a man named Gabriel Perez was found in the parking lot with several gunshot wounds. He was late pronounced dead at the scene. Law enforcement says it appears to have been a drive-by shooting.
The Clay County Sheriff’s Office and Fargo Police Department then notified Mower County law enforcement that Cooley could be hiding in southern Minnesota. The Mower County Sheriff’s Office and Austin Police SERT Team then helped U.S. Marshals search a home in the 200 block of Elm Street in Rose Creek that belonged to distant relatives of Cooley. That’s where he was found and arrested.
Cooley is being held in the Mower County Jail, pending transfer back to Fargo.
- Murder suspect arrested in Mower County
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Mower County chooses delegates
- Prison sentence after Mower County meth arrest
- Attempted murder trial pushed back in Mower County
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- Mower County arrest linked to Albert Lea shooting
- Man arrested after Mower County chase that hit 100 mph
- Big donation for Mower County United Way
- Truck hits tree in Mower County