FRANKFORD TOWNSHIP, Minn. – Five people are hurt in a two-vehicle collision in Mower County.
It took place around 1:46 pm Wednesday at the intersection of Highway 16 and Highway 63, south of Racine. According to the Minnesota State Patrol, Herbert John Barnhart, 91 of Spring Valley, was driving south when he stopped at the stop sign and then tried to turn left. Roger Bernard Reller, 88 of Austin, was driving west and the State Patrol says he could not avoid crashing into Barnhart.
Both drivers, as well as three passengers in Reller’s vehicle - Gordon Douglas Briggs, 75 of Austin, Roland Edward Hanson, 73 of Austin, and Lanny Frank Krachmer, 79 of Austin - suffered what are described as non-life threatening injuries and were taken to Mayo Clinic Health System for treatment.
The State Patrol says all involved were wearing their seatbelts.
The Mower and Fillmore county sheriff’s offices, Gold Cross and Spring Valley ambulances, and Grand Meadow fire and ambulance all assisted at the scene.
- Five injured in two-vehicle Mower County crash
- Two injured in Mower County crash
- Steele County crash injured two from Mower County
- Fire in Mower county destroys two vehicles
- Mason City man injured in rollover crash in Mower County
- 3 injured Monday night in Mower County crash
- Two injured after accident in Mower County
- Teen injured in Mower County auto accident
- 4 vehicles, including Sheriff's vehicle, involved in Mower County accident
- Mower County fugitive sentenced