KIMT-TV 3 NEWS – Snow and ice covered roads have contributed to dozens of accidents in southeastern Minnesota.
The Minnesota State Patrol says two people were hurt after their vehicle rolled on northbound Interstate 35 around 6:20 pm Thursday in Freeborn County. 56-year-old Barbara E. Janisch of Witchita, Kansas lost control near mile marker 2, went into the ditch and rolled. Janisch and a passenger, 59-year-old Joseph R. Janisch of Witchita, KS, suffered non-life threatening injuries and were taken to Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea.
The State Patrol is also reporting a single-vehicle rollover in Olmsted County Friday morning. It happened around 7:49 am on Interstate 90 near mile marker 207. 56-year-old Dean Alan Knutson of Grand Meadow was driving west, lost control and rolled. A passenger, 56-year-old Duane Allan Barnes of Grand Meadow suffered a non-life threatening injury and was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital. Knutson was not hurt.
The Rochester Police Department says it dealt with 31 auto accidents, one with minor injuries, between 6:40 am Thursday and 7:40 am Friday.
- Multiple auto accidents on icy Minnesota roads
- Cresco driver in southeastern Minnesota auto accident
- Two more weekend auto accidents in southern Minnesota
- Auto accident in Fillmore County
- UPDATE: Auto accident in Byron
- Auto accident in Mason City
- Auto accident in Olmsted County
- Man saved from icy Minnesota lake
- Monday morning auto accident in Rochester
- Cresco driver cited for January auto accident